Here are the 5 biggest mistakes in the skin care routine in autumn.
Hello my science-hungry beauty enthusiasts! Your Beauty Expert Raz here. With autumn just starting, it's time to revamp our skin care routine. Let's dive into the fascinating world of skin care with a smile on our face and based on good infallible science.
1. Forgetting sunscreen: UV rays don't ask if it's summer or fall. Even when the Danish autumn weather is cloudy, the harmful rays can break through and damage our skin. The sun's UVA rays, which are responsible for aging, are constant all year round. It is therefore important to protect the skin with a good sunscreen – even when the sun hides behind the clouds. It is correct that you may not be particularly prone to skin cancer in autumn, but hyperpigmentation, wrinkles and enlarged pores still occur.
2. Skip exfoliation: Exfoliation is more than just a beauty treatment – it's a vital part of the cell renewal process. Our epidermis, the top layer of skin, is a dynamic layer of cells that constantly regenerates. When the youngest cells from the basal layer move up to the skin's surface, they begin to lose their life and become the dead skin cells we see on the surface. In the cool Danish climate, combined with indoor heating and humidity differences, this natural peeling process can become slower. The result? A build-up of dead skin cells that can make the skin dull, uneven and less able to effectively absorb skin care products. Regular exfoliation, either chemically via acids or physically with gentle scrubbing, can accelerate this process and improve the skin's overall appearance and health. So take a peeling with you in the bath or apply an effective with gentle acid peeling - your skin will thank you with a radiant and renewed glow.
3. The lack of Hyaluronic Acid: Instead of the myth of drinking water for glowing skin, which again experiments can prove, let's talk about the wonder of science: Hyaluronic acid (HA) is a naturally occurring sugar in the body that can bind up to 1,000 times its own weight in water. Scientifically speaking, it is a giant of a humectant! It is found naturally in our skin, connective tissue and eyes and acts as a lubricant that maintains moisture balance and supports the skin's structure. However, as we age, our natural production of HA begins to decline, leading to dryness and loss of elasticity. When fall's lower humidity hits (yes, even when it rains, the humidity is often lower), our skin can easily become dehydrated. By incorporating a serum with hyaluronic acid into your routine, you ensure that the skin gets the moisture it needs at a molecular level. So let's ditch the myths and turn to the scientific power of HA to keep our skin hydrated and youthful.
4. Bringing Summer Products Into Fall: Your closet changes clothes as the seasons change, why not your skincare? Summer products are designed to be light, but autumn skin requires something more robust. Think thicker, nourishing moisturizers and rich oils for the night. Did you know that cold and wind can break down the skin's natural lipid barrier? A good night cream can be your knight in shining armor!
5. Forgetting the lips' need for SPF: The delicate structures of our lip skin are actually significantly thinner than the rest of our face. This makes them extremely vulnerable to damage from UVA and UVB rays. Now you might be thinking, "But Raz, it's autumn. The sun is almost never out in Denmark!" But here's the scary truth: up to 80% of UV rays can actually penetrate clouds. Over time, constant exposure without protection can lead to premature aging of the lips, not to mention an increased risk of skin cancer. Furthermore, many of us tend to moisten our lips with our tongue, which can actually worsen dryness and make them more susceptible to sun damage. Therefore, it is important to invest in a good lip balm with sufficient SPF. Not only does it protect against the sun's harmful rays, but a quality lip balm can also create a protective barrier and lock in moisture to keep your lips soft and hydrated all fall. What about my glow? I'm almost turning white! There are many self-tanning products on the market. I myself love them in drop form, they make it easy for me to give more glow where the sun usually kisses me in the summer. So now you're armed with knowledge and ready to tackle fall like the beauty expert that you are! And remember, no matter how scientifically correct your skin care routine is, it's important to remember humor and a little self-irony along the way. Because beauty comes from both the outside and the inside. Kind regards, Raz from Raz Skincare
- Tags: Artikler